Recording/comparative editing

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

sunshadow

Recording/comparative editing

Post by sunshadow »

Deal HairerSoft

I have two queries:

I am really pleased with the Amadeus Pro software for editing, but have been unable to record audio so far.

When I press record, a 'new sound' window appears and the recording transport window appears with levels, etc, allowing me to 'stop recording' ... But the level meters don't move, and no actual recording occurs.

I do extensive recording with other programs, so have worked through 'obvious' troubleshooting (plug in mic, all connections, etc..!)

I have trawled through Mac system preferences, AP preferences, the Audio/Midi setup; and all have selected my (TASCAM) input, but to no avail.

I wonder if you can help, as I would very much like to explore the possibilities of AP recording.

Secondly, whenever I open a second window in AP for a 'new sound' or file, the first file/sound it won't play. This happens EVERY time without fail and is somewhat frustrating.

Many thanks,

Yours,

L

I am running Mac OS 10.6.4, and I use a TASCAM US-144 mkII as a (USB) interface.

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

The setting is at Amadeus Pro Preferences>Sound>Input. The System Preferences and Audio-Midi setup settings are irrrelevant.

Press the Record button to enable recording (check 'Playthrough' to hear the input as well as see it in the meter): hit the spacebar to start recording, press Return to stop recording.

sunshadow

Post by sunshadow »

Thanks.

As I said (read original email), I'd gone through Amadeus Pro Preferences to select the interface.

Just so you know, I've just tried that again, and it still doesn't work.
Have checked 'Playthrough' also, but doesn't make any difference. The level meters are greyed-out.

My interface appears as 'input' in the first pane of preferences, then click advanced and all the info (TASCAM, USB, sample rate, no. of channels, etc..) appears.

regards,

L

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

I believe this interface requires a driver: you could check that you have the most up-to-date one.

Another test you could try is to open the Quicktime X player and choose New Audio Recording from the File menu. See if you can select your interface using the small down-arrow on the right. If you can't get it to work here either it may be something you need to take up with Tascam.