Applescript?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

crispyking

Applescript?

Post by crispyking »

Is Amadeus scriptable? I can't seem to open its dictionary in the Apple Script Editor.

I'm mixing a live recording project and use Amadeus to split the tracks up every time I bounce a new mix. I'd like to be able to AppleScript:

- loading a WAV file
- importing a set of markers
- Split according to markers to a specified folder

Lyle

Re: Applescript?

Post by Lyle »

crispyking wrote:Is Amadeus scriptable? I can't seem to open its dictionary in the Apple Script Editor.

I'm mixing a live recording project and use Amadeus to split the tracks up every time I bounce a new mix. I'd like to be able to AppleScript:

- loading a WAV file
- importing a set of markers
- Split according to markers to a specified folder
I'm afraid that if you can't open Amadeus Pro's dictionary, then there isn't one, which is a good indication that it cannot be scripted.

This is a shame. It would be very nice to be able to drop a bunch of wma files in a folder and have a folder action convert them all to mp3s. I have a voice recorder that records everything in wma. Of course, a batch process is much better than doing this by hand, one file at a time!

Suggestion for the future, I guess!
--Lyle

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Applescript?

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi Lyle,
This is a shame. It would be very nice to be able to drop a bunch of
wma files in a folder and have a folder action convert them all to
mp3s. I have a voice recorder that records everything in wma.
You should be able to do that with a batch processor. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ahmiller

Post by ahmiller »

Dear Martin,

Are there plans to implement AppleScript in the future? If not, is there a way at present to add 2 seconds of silence to the end of multiple sound files? I know I can use the Effects > Generate Silence menu to do this in individual files, but I have hundreds of files for which I must do this, and it would be great to automate the process as much as possible.

Thanks,

Andrew

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Applescript?

Post by Martin Hairer »

Are there plans to implement AppleScript in the future? If not, is there a way at present to add 2 seconds of silence to the end of multiple sound files? I know I can use the Effects > Generate Silence menu to do this in individual files, but I have hundreds of files for which I must do this, and it would be great to automate the process as much as possible.
You can use the batch processor for that, this is more user-friendly than AppleScript ;-) Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ahmiller

Post by ahmiller »

My fault for not taking a closer look at the actions menu. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Andrew

jasperx

Batch... did I miss something?

Post by jasperx »

The process I would like to automate is
sequentially run through a directory of audio files to
1 open in Amadeus
split by markers and save resulting files
close file
2 import resulting files into iTunes

Near as I can tell, it is not possible to do this with automator or applescript. It also does not seem to be possible to do any part of this with Amadeus' batch options.

My overall process to rip vinyl is
1. With Amadeus:record album, clip ends and album turn, set markers save file.
2. Remove noise with Click Repair
3. With Amadeus:split by markers
4. Import resulting files into iTunes.
5. Add metadata utilizing Doug's Scripts
Only step one and step 5 requires some decision making. Ideally, once the file is first saved, all other steps could be automated to run in batch. A days recordings could be run overnight.

cweger

AppleScript, again

Post by cweger »

Here's why I can't use the batch feature of Amadeus Pro: when processing a folder hierarchy (such as the "Music" folder of iTunes), it does not mirror the folder structure in its output, but puts each file in a single, flat folder.

If Amadeus Pro were scriptable, I could tell it the output destination for each resampled file, and even create folders when needed.

Thanks,
Chuck