Metadata not sticking after upgrading to 10.6.3

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

2stepbay

Post by 2stepbay »

After creating an mp3 file in Amadeus, I added metadata, plus a logo, then saved the file. In the Finder, as well as iTunes, no logo appears, nor does the metadata appear. No problem doing this in 10.6.2.

To check, I reopened the file in Amadeus Pro. Metadata is gone.

Did 10.6.3 break something in Amadeus Pro 1.5?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I couldn't reproduce the problem. Are you sure that you didn't tell Amadeus Pro to use id3v1 tags? These wouldn't support artwork. (Also, just to make sure, you were saving the file as Mp3, were you?)

If it still doesn't work for you, please provide detailed step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem, together with all the precise settings. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

2stepbay

Post by 2stepbay »

Thanks for the reply, Martin.

Turns out the id3v setting was 1 instead of 2. Not sure how the setting switched. Glad this was an easy fix.

While I have your ear, there is one minor oddity I encounter when editing a sound file. It occurs when using the space bar to start or stop the playback.

After deleting a section, I press the space bar to resume the playback, however, the playback reverts to the beginning of the recording, instead of picking up where I left off. Is this expected behavior, or something that can be addressed in a future release? Would be nice to start playing again at the point of the deletion.

Thanks again for your help, and also your creative efforts.