Time capsule selected as temp directory instead of local HD

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

daniel02216

Time capsule selected as temp directory instead of local HD

Post by daniel02216 »

I really love Amadeus and use it all the time for recording and editing audio. The audio processing options are really useful, especially denoising and amplification.

I have Amadeus Pro on a white Macbook, backing up to a Time Capsule. One day when editing and recording audio I found that it was terribly slow, pinwheeling for minutes at a time. I looked in to the prefs and found that Amadeus Pro had automatically selected the Time Machine backup DMG as the temp dir, and it was causing the excruciating slowness.

I had the 'Always use volume with largest free space' and 'Don't use networked volumes' options selected, so it should not have used the networked Time Capsule mount, even though it had more free space than the local hard drive. I can understand where a bug might be, though, because it showed the Time Capsule itself as a network mount, but the DMG mounted from inside of it was shown as a local hard drive instead of a network mount.

Do you think this is a bug, and if so, can you fix it in the next version of Amadeus Pro?