Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another "How To" Question: Seamless Sound Loop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mildsyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Another "How To" Question: Seamless Sound Loop Reply with quote

OK... Here's another one...

Say I've got a sample of some ambient noise -- like wind blowing or water rushing. My sample is 30 seconds long, but I need it to be 2 minutes long.

I can create a new sound wave by splicing four copies of the sample together. Problem is, I get a "POP" (or the digital equivalent) every thirty seconds because the end of the ambient's sample wave doesn't line up perfectly with the beginning.

In my pre-Mac days, I had Adobe Audition and used a "cross fade" tool that allowed me to mix the end of one sample wave with the beginning of the next. This function's settings allowed me to dictate for how long the "cross fade" would last, and I could end up with a seamless extension of the ambient noise for as long as I wanted to make it. (Once, I took the middle "space" section of Pink Floyd's "Echoes," extended it out to nearly 80 minutes and ran it (at varying volumes) as background to a mixed PF CD...)

Once again: Can't for the life of me figure out which Amadeus Pro tool to use to accomplish something similar.

Ideas?

Thanks again in advance!
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Another "How To" Question: Seamless Sound Loop Reply with quote

Quote:
Once again: Can't for the life of me figure out which Amadeus Pro tool to use to accomplish something similar.

Hint: It has the same name in Amadeus Pro as in Audition, it's just that it's in a submenu Wink

Solution: Effects -> Fadings -> Crossfade

Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

mildsyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... Excellent, Martin.

Thanks a lot & my apologies.

I'd actually read the section in the user manual on crossfades, but I misunderstood it. Amadeus Pro's works just a bit different from the other one, and I was doing it wrong. I should have experimented more before posting the question.

Thanks again. Great app!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: