Circular / Rotating Stereo FX?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

mildsyd

Post by mildsyd »

So... Here's one I can't figure out...

Working w/ music recorded in stereo. Would like to be able to take a section of the sound wave & apply stereo effects to make the sound move from channel to channel, giving an impression of the music revolving around the listener's head.

For instance: If I've got a long sequence of rhythm section (bass, drums) that is mostly repetitive, I'd like to apply this stereo effect so the music encircles -- kind of three-dimensional.

Problem is, I don't even know what the technical term is for what I want to do. Bigger problem is, I don't know how to do it.

Help, please?

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

So... Here's one I can't figure out...

Working w/ music recorded in stereo. Would like to be able to take a section of the sound wave & apply stereo effects to make the sound move from channel to channel, giving an impression of the music revolving around the listener's head.

For instance: If I've got a long sequence of rhythm section (bass, drums) that is mostly repetitive, I'd like to apply this stereo effect so the music encircles -- kind of three-dimensional.

Problem is, I don't even know what the technical term is for what I want to do. Bigger problem is, I don't know how to do it.

Help, please?

Thanks & Happy New Year!
At the hairersoft website you can download a set of free Audio Units effects from mda. One of the free effects is called "Round Pan". That should do it. Another one to try is "Leslie". Combining the two may improve the effect.

happy New experimental Year
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

mildsyd

Post by mildsyd »

Excellent, Gerard! Thank you very much! I'll give both a try.

Best to you & yours for a great 2010!