Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to edit L & R tracks separately?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: How to edit L & R tracks separately? Reply with quote

In Adobe Audition and Sony Soundforge you can select sections or all of each L or R sterio track via the up/down arrow keys and edit either L or R separately without affecting the other channel. This is use full if you have a noisy bit on one side of the sterio mix for instance and want to edit or copy the part of the other channel for that section over top of the other channel to iliminate the problem on that side of the mix. In any case I don't see any way to do this easily in Amadeus. It is a simple matter of up or down arrow select and edit on these other programs. Is therre any way to do this here? if not I would suggest for a future update. Thanks.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: How to edit L & R tracks separately? Reply with quote

Move the cursor to the top middle or bottom of a stereo track and watch the little L or R appear.
That's where you drag to select left, right or both tracks. Or play back just L or R.

Quote:
In Adobe Audition and Sony Soundforge you can select sections or all of each L or R sterio track via the up/down arrow keys and edit either L or R separately without affecting the other channel. This is use full if you have a noisy bit on one side of the sterio mix for instance and want to edit or copy the part of the other channel for that section over top of the other channel to iliminate the problem on that side of the mix. In any case I don't see any way to do this easily in Amadeus. It is a simple matter of up or down arrow select and edit on these other programs. Is therre any way to do this here? if not I would suggest for a future update. Thanks.

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
Ron Fleckner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: How to edit L & R tracks separately? Reply with quote

On 03/12/2009, at 5:00 AM, xgman wrote:

Quote:
In Adobe Audition and Sony Soundforge you can select sections or all
of each L or R sterio track via the up/down arrow keys and edit
either L or R separately without affecting the other channel. This
is use full if you have a noisy bit on one side of the sterio mix
for instance and want to edit or copy the part of the other channel
for that section over top of the other channel to iliminate the
problem on that side of the mix. In any case I don't see any way to
do this easily in Amadeus. It is a simple matter of up or down
arrow select and edit on these other programs. Is therre any way to
do this here? if not I would suggest for a future update. Thanks.

Amadeus does exactly this. Up arrow, shift right arrow selects a
portion of the upper (left) channel, and down arrow does the same for
the lower (right) channel.

Ron
xgman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, now I see how it is done. Didn't see the little L & R at first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: