Amadeus Pro and Yamaha N12/N8 (MLan)

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Hi,

with Amadeus Pro and my new hardware (Mac Pro + Yamaha N12) I have some problems. Every time I start playback a file, there is a time lag of about 2 - 3 seconds. Means: I press Play, then there's silence and after 2 - 3 sec the playback starts. At recording there's no such problem.

With many other audio-apps there is no such problem. I tried Cubase and SoundStudio. The same problem occurs with Adobe Soundbooth.

My config:
Mac Pro + Yamaha N12 via Firewire (Driver: Yamaha MLan)

Hope you can help.

Regards Jan

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi Jan,
With many other audio-apps there is no such problem. I tried Cubase and SoundStudio. The same problem occurs with Adobe Soundbooth.
There are (fortunately very few) badly written drivers that take a long time to start up, it seems that the one your hardware is using is one of these. It should really be fixed by the hardware manufacturer (or whoever wrote the driver). Some audio apps work around this problem by opening a connection to the driver at launch and keeping this connection alive throughout the session. Other applications (like Amadeus Pro and apparently Soundbooth) only open a connection with the driver when some sound is actually being played back.

You might be able to work around it by keeping the "record to new file" window open with the "Playthrough" checkbox checked.
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Hi Martin,

thank you a lot for your reply. Your hint is worth lots of gold. Now I can work again like before :)

But I think, it's time to contact yamaha because of the driver ... :(

Regards
Jan