Maintain LP tracks that blend together..

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Arnoscopy

Post by Arnoscopy »

I have not been able to solve this problem...some LP's have songs that flow from one to the other, when "split according to markers" and "consider all markers" when importing to iTunes - the only way i've been able to burn a CD of mp3 files, there is always a slight bump between tracks after re-assembling and burning to CD. how do i alleviate this problem?

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Does this happen if you first convert all the mp3 tracks to .wav files? That’s why I hate using mp3 and will never use it unless someobdy specifically asks for it.
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone7+ and Apple TV user!

On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:14 AM, Arnoscopy <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I have not been able to solve this problem...some LP's have songs that flow from one to the other, when "split according to markers" and "consider all markers" when importing to iTunes - the only way i've been able to burn a CD of mp3 files, there is always a slight bump between tracks after re-assembling and burning to CD. how do i alleviate this problem?

CDJonah

Post by CDJonah »

Not sure of exactly what you are trying to do -- splitting tracks using Amadeus means that you have to decide what "zero" sound is. Noise will affect that. Are you trying to reassemble with breaks between the tracks? If so I would edit each track and fade each track in and out, a half second or so -- that may gut rid of the bump. If you are trying to put them together with zero time, that is work.

Chuck

On 2/28/17 8:47 AM, Ray Foret jr wrote:
Does this happen if you first convert all the mp3 tracks to .wav files?  That’s why I hate using mp3 and will never use it unless someobdy specifically asks for it.
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray, Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone7+ and Apple TV user!

On Feb 28, 2017, at 8:14 AM, Arnoscopy <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, it looks like you are trying to burn a CD with gapless playback from an AP document.
Is that correct? There are two ways of doing this.

1. Split according to markers and then import to iTunes. If you do this, as Chuck says, it is
important to export the file in a lossless format like AIFF or m4a with Apple Lossless (NOT
Mp3 or AAC), otherwise there will always be glitches.

2. Directly burn from within Amadeus Pro by selecting Sound -> Burn to CD and setting
the gap between songs to 0.

Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/