Amadeus (Lite) just won't play ball (or music files!)

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

DaveF

Amadeus (Lite) just won't play ball (or music files!)

Post by DaveF »

With an old iMac running Mavericks, I've always had problems coaxing Amadeus Lite to play back sound I can hear. He really prefers to 'play back' in total silence. Today, I've just spend a good hour wrestling with the problem and got nowhere - it's really frustrating!

The thing is, I must use bluetooth because I'm rather deaf. My system preferences are set to play sound through bluetooth to a gismo called ComPilot which I wear around my neck, and which streams the music directly into my hearing aids. It's a brilliant bit of technology - way better than "normal" hearing IMHO (full stereo right inside my head!).

My iMac and my ComPilot "make beautiful music together"! I've never a problem playing sound files in iTunes or even the finder itself. Maybe old Wolfgang's jealous. :)

I have Amadeus's prefs set to play through the ComPilot, but I'm wondering if he sometimes baulks at my use of bluetooth? Re-starting the Mac doesn't help, nor switching bluetooth off and on again.

I'd appreciate any observations or opinions you guys can offer.

TIA, Dave.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Amadeus just won't play ball (or music files!)

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Dave, I am sorry to hear that. When you try to play sound back and it refuses, does it print anything into the console? (see Applications/Utilities/Console.app)

Thanks a lot,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Hi Martin, thanks a lot for your response.

Sorry, I didn't think to check the Console before (I'm not very IT minded).

But now that you mention it, no it doesn't show anything happening at all; Amadeus merrily "plays" along, i.e. the blue play head creeps across and the time indicator runs, but the Console window shows nothing happening.

I can't imagine what that signifies, so I won't try. I'm in your hands, my friend. :)

Dave.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

So, doesn't anyone have any suggestions about why Amadeus Lite refuses to make any sound during "play back"?

Dave.