Recording web streams?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Ray Foret Jr

Recording web streams?

Post by Ray Foret Jr »

Is it possible to record from the Internet using Amadeus Pro? If so, how? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone,
the only smart phone with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely,
The Constantly Varefooted Ray,

Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!

Dan Eickmeier

Recording web streams?

Post by Dan Eickmeier »

There is a streams section of Amadeus pro preferences, but I haven’t figured out how to record from streams that you connect to. Whether it’s just a case of hitting command-R after connecting to the stream you want, I’m not sure. I would assume so though. There doesn’t appear to be a button to record within the streams section of preferences.
On Mar 20, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Ray Foret Jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:
Is it possible to record from the Internet using Amadeus Pro? If so, how? Thanks.Sent from my iPhone,

Sincerely,

Ray Foret jr

Recording web streams?

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Seems I found the answer. For the moment, here’s what I do.
1. Download and install Sound Flower.

2. Also, download and launch Line in. That’s a Rogue Amiba app which allows passing through audio.

3. Now, set Line in to take it’s input from Sound Flower two channel. Set Line in to output to your speakers or headphones. Check the “play through button so you can hear what Voice Over is telling you.

4. Now, open system preffs and, in Sound, rout your output to Sound Flower two channel.

5. Now, inside Amadeus Pro, rout your input to Sound Flower two channel. VERY IMPORTANT! DO, NOT, check the play through box in the record dialog. You don’t need to do this because Line in is passing audio back to you. Were it not for Line in, you would not be able to use Voice Over with this set up. You don’t want to check the pplay through box in the record dialog in Amadeus Pro at this point because you will get endless feedback loops if you try it that way. That’s why you need Line in to allow you to listen in through a different path.

6. Now, finally, start a new audio project in Amadeus Pro and click the record button.

7. Start your source audio playing and you are good to go.

Sounds like a lot to see all the steps carried out in verble description this way, but, to actually do it is a lot simpler than the description makes it sound.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-inSincerely, The Constantly Barefooted RayStill a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Mar 21, 2016, at 12:42 AM, Dan Eickmeier <va3ets2000@me.com (va3ets2000@me.com)> wrote:
There is a streams section of Amadeus pro preferences, but I haven’t figured out how to record from streams that you connect to. Whether it’s just a case of hitting command-R after connecting to the stream you want, I’m not sure. I would assume so though. There doesn’t appear to be a button to record within the streams section of preferences.
On Mar 20, 2016, at 10:35 AM, Ray Foret Jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:
Is it possible to record from the Internet using Amadeus Pro? If so, how? Thanks.Sent from my iPhone,

Sincerely,

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Recording web streams?

Post by Martin Hairer »

Alternatively, as Dan pointed out, if you have a direct URL for the stream you can add it to your streams in the "Streams" preferences pane. If you then drag it to your preferred streams, it shows up as an input device which allows you to record from it just like from any other device.
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

CK

Post by CK »

Try using Audio Hijack. It's another Rogue Amoeba product. Records any sound your computer makes.