Effects preview behaviour

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Roy

Effects preview behaviour

Post by Roy »

I have been using version 1.5 at my work for quite a few years now, and have become very familiar with the workflow of applying effects to selections, but I have just purchased the newest version for use at home and there is one startling difference, I used to be able to place the cursor at an area of interest, open an AU effect and be able to preview from the cursor location. i could then stop the preview, then move the cursor somewhere else, then preview from that point, ultimately making a selection in the main window, then going back to the effect window to apply the effect exactly where I wanted it.

Now it seems that the default preview start point is the beginning of the file. the only way I can do it now is to make a selection first, then open the effects window. if i want to check a different part of the track, I have to close the effects window, make a different selection, then choose the effect from the menu again. It has become a very clumsy process; is there a solution for this?

thanks,
Roy

Roy

Post by Roy »

forgot to mention os version: Mavericks 10.9.5
Roy

Roy

Post by Roy »

I have since discovered the little icon which enables real-time effects, so I can preview an effect throughout the file, then select the part that needs it, then copy the settings to another instance of the plugin via the effects menu.
It is still an awkward process, but better than before.

But I have found another problem:
When I save a file with live effects, I see a prompt that warns that the effect will be applied to the entire file - exactly what i want sometimes, and it works; but only if you then close the file. If you don't, you will discover that the original audio is still loaded, and the live plugin is still in place. if you remove or bypass the plugin you will hear the original audio again. So there seems to be a missing step in this particular process, the saved audio needs to be loaded and the live plugins removed immediately after a save command.
Roy