How to move things around!!!

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

bdeschenes

Post by bdeschenes »

Hi everyone,

I use the French version, so I am not sure of the terms used in English. Let me try.

I have a piece with 2 tracks. In each track I have a bunch of extracts (extraits in French), so are long, some are short. Each one of them is place in particular positions.

Now here is my question: I want to add something, let's say at about 2", so I have to move all the tracts on the right, but I want to move a whole bunch together so that they keep their relative positions to each other.

As far as I can see, I can only move them one at a time (very time consuming) and then I would have to reset manually, one by one each extracts relatively to the others (also very time consuming).

So, is it possible to move a bunch of extracts and keep their relative positions to each other.

Thanks! Bruno
--------------------
Bruno Deschenes
bruno@musis.ca

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Hi Bruno,

to move all cuts at the same time is not possible at the moment. But there are two little workarounds.

1. Martin introduced a "lock" feature. Right-click between two samples and there's a "lock" option. It locks the space between the two. Repeat for whole track.

2. Because locking many gaps needs so many seconds I sometimes merge a track, split it at one point and then move the whole mergers track.

Boths solutions are working for only one track not all together.

Best Jan

Am 20.01.2015 um 03:36 schrieb bdeschenes <forum2mail@hairersoft.com>:
Hi everyone,

I use the French version, so I am not sure of the terms used in English. Let me try.

I have a piece with 2 tracks. In each track I have a bunch of extracts (extraits in French), so are long, some are short. Each one of them is place in particular positions.

Now here is my question: I want to add something, let's say at about 2", so I have to move all the tracts on the right, but I want to move a whole bunch together so that they keep their relative positions to each other.

As far as I can see, I can only move them one at a time (very time consuming) and then I would have to reset manually, one by one each extracts relatively to the others (also very time consuming).

So, is it possible to move a bunch of extracts and keep their relative positions to each other.

Thanks! Bruno

------------------------
--------------------
Bruno Deschenes
bruno@musis.ca

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list