MOTU 828x and Yosemite 10.10

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

voicecoop2

MOTU 828x and Yosemite 10.10

Post by voicecoop2 »

Been using Amadeus for many years, very pleased. Had computer failure so purchased new Mac running 10.10. Got Thunderbolt equipped MOTU 828x and was unable to make a connection. Used the USB. Could see the audio travel the signal path into the computer where it showed up in Preferences VU window when 828x is selected.

Boot Amadeus, select MOTU as input/output. Start an audio file, hit record...nothing. In defense of Amadeus, the same thing happens when I try and use Garage Band which MOTU states as compatible and the same with Audacity.

However, Amadeus is acting very strangely in other ways- new audio files turned off the icons on the top of the screen, leaving only the type, all by itself. When you hit record, there is sometimes a lag of six to ten seconds before anything rolls and of course, there's no input to record.

I posted a note at MOTU and a tech ticket, so maybe we'll find out what's happening, but that random loss of icons has never happened before nor waiting for record to roll. (Garage Band and Audacity roll right away but nothing records). So perhaps there are issues between current Amadeus and Yosemite 10.10? Anyone else have problems like these?

gridface

Post by gridface »

Do you mean that when you create a new file, it has "Untitled" as the window title without an icon to the left until you save? I think that's fairly typical of programs that let you save to a variety of formats. GraphicConverter works like this too.