Amadeus Pro on retina screen

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Gene Steinberg

Post by Gene Steinberg »

OK, testing an iMac 5K, and I see that Amadeus Pro, latest version, runs slowly. It drags. It's noticeably slower than on my vintage late 2009 iMac, where performance is reasonably snappy.

Both running latest OS 10.10.x with similar system setups otherwise. 2009 iMac has 16GB of RAM. iMac 5K is entry-level (???) with 8GB.

Any clues?

Peace,
Gene

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi Gene, the difference in speed you noticed is probably due to the large retina screen on the new iMac, although the speed on my 2012 retina MacBook Pro is quite acceptable... One thing you could try is to select Amadeus Pro in the Finder, type command-I ("Get Info..."�), and tick the "Open in low resolution"� checkbox. This will give you graphics that's not as crisp, but should be substantially faster. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Soren

Post by Soren »

I have the same problem on my iMac 5k (top model). Running the app in low resolution helps a lot on speed, but looking at the blurry text and waveform makes me feel like I need new glasses.

Reducing the size of the waveform window also makes the app feel faster in retina resolution, but it would be nice if one could use more of the screen and avoid the drag.

Best Regards
Soren

Gene Steinberg

Post by Gene Steinberg »

Is this something you plan to fix? Certainly an iMac 5K has more than enough graphics horsepower to deliver the goods for most any app.

Peace,
Gene