Delete Silence

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

zamboknee

Delete Silence

Post by zamboknee »

I've been tinkering with another program and one feature I absolutely love is the ability to 'delete silence'. It automatically finds the silence and then allows you to either delete JUST the silence and leave markers behind to expand the silence back out.
Does Amadeus have a 'delete silence' type of function?

Ray Foret Jr

Delete Silence

Post by Ray Foret Jr »

It's supposed to, but, blast me if I could ever get it to work.
Sincerely,The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone 6+ and Apple TV user!Sent from my Mac,
the only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

On Dec 10, 2014, at 10:13 AM, zamboknee <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I've been tinkering with another program and one feature I absolutely love is the ability to 'delete silence'. It automatically finds the silence and then allows you to either delete JUST the silence and leave markers behind to expand the silence back out.Does Amadeus have a 'delete silence' type of function?_______________________________________________Amadeus forum mailing listUnsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list

zamboknee

Post by zamboknee »

I see there's a 'Trim Silence' feature under 'Edit' but I can't seem to get it to work. Nor is there anything about it in the manual. :?:

zamboknee

Post by zamboknee »

would REALLY like to get some input on this. Martin, is 'Trim Silence' not supported anymore?

madrobert

Post by madrobert »

I would like this to work as well. It's especially useful when I batch process lots of files.

zamboknee

Post by zamboknee »

I posted this 5 years ago and never heard back.

I've moved on to Twisted Wave. I recommend it WAY more than Amadeus Pro.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Delete Silence

Post by Martin Hairer »

At the moment, the trim silence function available in the batch processor only trims silence from the ends of the file, not from the middle.

You can also use the "Generate markers" function to mark silent portions in the middle of a file, but this is not available from the batch processor. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

runswithsizzers

Re: Delete Silence

Post by runswithsizzers »

Martin Hairer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:19 pm
You can also use the "Generate markers" function to mark silent portions in the middle of a file,
Yes, but then what? How do I delete the silent passages after I have marked them?

Must I manually select and delete each one (there are 837 in current file)? Or is there some way to delete them all at once?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Delete Silence

Post by Martin Hairer »

It's a bit of a workaround, but you can use the "Split according to markers" function to split at the markers, delete the unwanted segments (make sure the markers have some names that make it easy to order them accordingly) and, if you want to, join them back together with the "Join Files" function (make sure the remaining segments have names that appear sequentially when ordered alphabetically).