I am so lost..Need help with "multitrack"

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

WalkerisaDJ

Post by WalkerisaDJ »

So here's the deal. I have been using Adobe Audition for years, so that is the multitrack format I am familiar with. I am totally lost trying to figure out how to edit and playback in a multitrack format.

I cut up my original mp3 track, add new tracks and move different clips to those different tracks. But when I try to playback.... I only hear the darkened clip. The cursor comes to the next track, but it is not darkened and it does not play. I don't know how to get multiple clips in multiple tracks to playback simultaneously. Does this make sense to anybody here? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm sure that Amadeus Pro is completely different from Adobe and the old Cool Edit, but I can't for the LIFE of me, figure it out. Unless I can actually HEAR multiple tracks playing at the the same time, how am I supposed to know what the final result will be when I decide to mix it down or bounce everything to a new track??

Also, I have no idea what "front" and "back" means, and it doesn't seem to make any difference when I change one track to front and the other to back, or both to back, or both to front.

Please help. Please.

Help.

Please.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Walker
Walker

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, how do you actually start playback? If you hit the space bar, it should play all track simultaneously (except for those where the “Play” checkbox in unchecked). If you hit “tab” or double-click into a track, it only plays the selected track.
Also, I have no idea what "front" and "back" means, and it doesn't seem to make any difference when I change one track to front and the other to back, or both to back, or both to front.
That’s only relevant if you play on a device with two stereo channels. (For example if you have a multichannel audio interface hooked up to two pairs of speakers.) Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

WalkerisaDJ

Post by WalkerisaDJ »

That was it Martin. Thank you SO MUCH.
Walker