Does Amadeus Pro Have ANY Technical Support??

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

mbdrums

Post by mbdrums »

Dear Martin,

I just purchased Amadeus Pro and have tried getting answers to particular questions and have gotten very little response. I've tried finding answers to particular questions within the so-called, "Amadeus Pro User's Guide," with no success, nor within the Forum. Also ... when I originally first sent you an email with a few questions regarding Amadeus Pro, I never received a response, therefore ... though I still have a few other questions, I'm apprehensive to even bother posting another topic, for fear that it will be another waste of time.

OK ... $59.99 is a great price for a piece of audio editing software (if it works!), but it's still money for a product that I wasted if I don't know how to use it. Hopefully, I didn't throw my money out the window!

Right now, I'm going down your list of Discussion Topics and see A LOT with 0 replies - including the last one I posted yesterday. Shouldn't there be replies to everyone's topics/questions? I'm just curious as to how often you monitor the Forum? if a piece of software is really intuitive and it comes with a great and informative User's Guide, then the respective Forum should be virtually empty, with no questions.

A product is only as good as its technical support and a product is no good unless you know how to use it!

Of course ... I can sit down for hours and learn a program on my own, as I've been forced to do with a few products that have lousy support (and I'm having to do right now), but why should I have to do that if I can get the answers to these problems right away, which will help me to [more efficiently] create a better product for my clients in the Music Industry - saving me a lot of time and money! Thank God, I was able to answer my own questions (to a few, but still have others) while still waiting a response on this Forum, which I never got!

As a voting member of the Recording Academy (the GRAMMYs), a Professor of Music @ Drexel University in Philadelphia, and a full-time, working musician in the Music Industry, with memberships in numerous other Music organizations - including one I am the President of - I come to you, Martin and ask for your help in just solving a few of these questions I have, so I don't have to spend and waste countless hours trying to solve them on my own!

As the President of a Music organization that has been around since 1933, if I ever get a complaint about something, I admit to my fault, try to correct it and compensate the member or potential member for their inconvenience and never put any blame on them.

PLEASE HELP! Aren't there any other AP users out there who monitor this Forum?

Thank You

Mark
Official Voting Member - The GRAMMYs
Professor of Music/Percussion - Drexel University
President - National Association of Rudimental Drummers (N.A.R.D)

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Hi Mark,

instead of Martin I will answer for short. Why Martin didn't answer your Mails before your purchased AP I can't tell. Sinse I use AP I got answers from Martin on all my questions regarding AP. Please don't forget: Martin is a human with a live. He answers as fast as he can. But AP-developement is as far as I know a one man job. So don't be to strict with him.

But what you are asking about is a another product. It's soundflower. I tried soundflower some years ago and I didn't get it to work the way I want. But that's not Martins fault.

About the forum: Here you get answers only if some of the users can give you the help you need. But if no one can tell about ... The forum is NO technical support. It is a user forum. And be patient, sometimes is needs more than some minutes to get an answer in the forum.

By the way: One thing you should not do is cross posting as you did. You posted the last part of the thread "Click Track/Recording App or Desktop Audio" into a new thread. That's not good.

Best Jan
Professional user of Amadeus Pro

Am 01/02/2013 um 14:40 schrieb mbdrums:
Dear Martin,

I just purchased Amadeus Pro and have tried getting answers to particular questions and have gotten very little response. I've tried finding answers to particular questions within the so-called, "Amadeus Pro User's Guide," with no success, nor within the Forum. Also ... when I originally first sent you an email with a few questions regarding Amadeus Pro, I never received a response, therefore ... though I still have a few other questions, I'm apprehensive to even bother posting another topic, for fear that it will be another waste of time.

OK ... $59.99 is a great price for a piece of audio editing software (if it works!), but it's still money for a product that I wasted if I don't know how to use it. Hopefully, I didn't throw my money out the window!

Right now, I'm going down your list of Discussion Topics and see A LOT with 0 replies - including the last one I posted yesterday. Shouldn't there be replies to everyone's topics/questions? I'm just curious as to how often you monitor the Forum? if a piece of software is really intuitive and it comes with a great and informative User's Guide, then the respective Forum should be virtually empty, with no questions.

A product is only as good as its technical support and a product is no good unless you know how to use it!

Of course ... I can sit down for hours and learn a program on my own, as I've been forced to do with a few products that have lousy support (and I'm having to do right now), but why should I have to do that if I can get the answers to these problems right away, which will help me to [more efficiently] create a better product for my clients in the Music Industry - saving me a lot of time and money! Thank God, I was able to answer my own questions (to a few, but still have others) while still waiting a response on this Forum, which I never got!

As a voting member of the Recording Academy (the GRAMMYs), a Professor of Music @ Drexel University in Philadelphia, and a full-time, working musician in the Music Industry, with memberships in numerous other Music organizations - including one I am the President of - I come to you, Martin and ask for your help in just solving a few of these questions I have, so I don't have to spend and waste countless hours trying to solve on my own!

As the President of a Music organization that has been around since 1933, if I ever get a complaint about something, I admit to my fault, try to correct it and compensate the member or potential member for their inconvenience and never put any blame on them.

PLEASE HELP! Aren't there any other AP users out there who monitor this Forum?

Thank You

Mark

------------------------

mbdrums

Post by mbdrums »

Hey Jan,

Many thanks for your response ... however, as a "Professional User of Amadeus Pro" you were so busy correcting me, that you never answered any of my questions :-)

1) All due respect, but if Martin is going to provide a Forum for this product he created and is having problems moderating it, maybe he should consider enlisting the help of either one or a few others to help him with the task! Some of us who buy these products are using them for our own careers in Music and to service our clients and if we run into a problem that could cost us time and money, it would be nice to be able to rely on some kind of support for the software!

If, as you say, "the Forum is NO technical support" - in essence, you're saying that it's perfectly acceptable for people to pay money for software and expect NO technical support for that product?! How is that "PRO" software?

2) By the way, Jan: I posted the last part of the thread "Click Track/Recording App or Desktop Audio" into a new thread, because I was getting NO response on my original.

I paid for this software and being that you're telling me there's "NO technical support," I'm just trying to get some answers to my questions on this Forum, since there's nowhere else to go, except to waste time and money trying to figure them out for myself, which it seems I'm having to do anyway!

You told me, "So don't be to strict with him [Martin]."
In regard to you saying my re-posting of a thread was "not good" -
I say to you, Jan:
Don't be so strict with ME!

My best,

Mark
Last edited by mbdrums on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

Comment -- Most of us who have worked with AP over the years have found
Martin quite responsive. I keep in mind my experience with other
programs. For example it took Digital Equipment years ago a week to
decide I had found a bug in a minor program called Fortran and
approximately 2 years to fix it. I am working on a data conversion
process for a nonprofit and find it often takes 4-5 days to get an
answer that would require one sentence.

Chuck

On 2/1/13 12:14 PM, mbdrums wrote:
Hey Jan,

Many thanks for your response ... however, as a "Professional User of Amadeus Pro" you were so busy correcting me, that you never answered any of my questions :-)

1) All due respect, but if Martin is going to provide a Forum for this product he created and is having problems moderating it, maybe he should consider enlisting the help of either one or a few others to help him with the task! Some of us who buy these products are using them for our own careers in Music and to service our clients and if we run into a problem that could cost us time and money, it would be nice to be able to rely on some kind of support for the software!

If, as you say, "the Forum is NO technical support" - in essence, you're saying that it's perfectly acceptable for people to pay money for software and expect NO technical support for that product?! How is that "PRO" software?

2) By the way, Jan: I posted the last part of the thread "Click Track/Recording App or Desktop Audio" into a new thread, because I was getting NO response on my original.

I paid for this software and being that you're telling me there's "NO technical support," I'm just trying to get some answers to my questions on this Forum, since there's nowhere else to go, except to waste time and money trying to figure them out for myself, which it seems I'm having to do anyway!

In regard to you saying my re-posting of a thread was "not good" - I say to you, Jan: Don't be so strict with ME!

My best,

Mark

------------------------

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

[quote="mbdrums"]
1) All due respect, but if Martin is going to provide a Forum for this product he created and is having problems moderating it, maybe he should consider enlisting the help of either one or a few others to help him with the task! Some of us who buy these products are using them for our own careers in Music and to service our clients and if we run into a problem that could cost us time and money, it would be nice to be able to rely on [i]some[/i] kind of support for the software!
[/quote]

What I meant was: Martin gives support for AP. But I can understand when Martin gives no support for third party software like soundflower.

[quote="mbdrums"]
[/quote]

I don't know if Martin is thinking AP is Pro-software. As far as I understand is the "Pro" needed to make the difference between the two Amadeus versions clear. You know how much other professional audio editors cost? Have a look at Adobe Audition or the Hindenburg editor. For me the support is quite good in comparison to the price of AP.

[quote="mbdrums"]
[/quote]

Try to be more patient ... :) As you see, there will be an answer.

[quote="mbdrums"]
In regard to you saying my re-posting of a thread was "not good" -
I say to you, Jan:
[b]Don't be so strict with ME![/b]
[/quote]

Alright, I will try. But don't please respect the netiquette :) (Bold words for example are some sort of shouting out loud ...)

Best Jan