Recording my own radio shows

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Is it possible to record both internal mic and music playing through iTunes? As
I'd like to make my own radio shows introducing songs that I'm playing through iTunes.

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

I think the question is really more about rerouting the signal from iTunes than anything specific to Amadeus Pro.  Of course, iTunes is designed to resist digital "porting" in real time.  Soundflower and Audio Hijack are often used to strip and reroute audio signals.

Also, if you could manage to get the signal path right, and are using one computer to do everything, you are going to be creating pretty good sized files on the machine which is both recording and playing.   You might want to consider other options, such as an audio mix through an A/D converter, using an iPod or other decidated playback device.

There may also be some legal implications in the use or rebroadcast of copyrighted material. 

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I'm a community radio DJ and I'm wanting to pre-record some shows.
Amadeus pro plays my tracks from iTunes, I want to use the Macs microphone to add spoken intros to songs I'm playing through Amadeus and record it all as I go.

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Section 14.4 in the 2.0 manual has some instructions to this effect - specifically creating a four channel device with Jack.

Just from a sound quality standpoint, I'd also look at a simple USB mic setup rather than use the internal mic.  Not sure if that complicates the four channel ssetup.