Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Split tracks sound louder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronlent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Split tracks sound louder Reply with quote

Hello - first, i love this app - thank you

OK - i haven't noticed anyone mentioning this. when i split a track from a linked stereo pair (FRONT) to 2 distinct channels - (FRONT LEFT) (FRONT RIGHT) the combined output is noticeably louder. it should be the same, left speaker + right speaker. there used to be no difference. this is a new problem - i've been using this app for quite some time.

any thoughts anyone?

also let me add this - i tested it. when i bounce the split tracks to a new document, the volume goes back to the original quieter volume. this is terrible - it makes the app suddenly almost unusable to me as i can't trust what my final mix will sound like. HELP!
CDJonah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Split tracks sound louder Reply with quote

What if you do statistics on the tracks before and after?

On 7/3/12 7:36 PM, Ray Foret Jr wrote:
Quote:
Noticed that myself. When tracks are split, there is indeed a volume level increase of I'd say at least 3DBSPL. Maybe more.

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!

Skype name:
barefootedray

On Jul 3, 2012, at 6:44 PM, ronlent wrote:
Quote:
Hello - first, i love this app - thank you

OK - i haven't noticed anyone mentioning this. when i split a track from a linked stereo pair (FRONT) to 2 distinct channels - (FRONT LEFT) (FRONT RIGHT) the combined output is noticeably louder. it should be the same, left speaker + right speaker. there used to be no difference. this is a new problem - i've been using this app for quite some time.

any thoughts anyone?

Quote:
ronlent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tested a combined stereo tone 440 at 50% in the left / 480 at 50% in the right (so the left and right would be slightly different) - it sounded louder when split but the stats for each channel were identical.

hmmm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: