Selection -> copy+paste via markers not sample accurate?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

blueskiwi

Post by blueskiwi »

I have a piece of audio I am cutting into segments and putting each segment onto separate tracks.

I have set markers for the start points of each segment.

I am using the cmd+left arrow and cmd+right arrow to extend my selection to the marker points.

I copy a segment and put the cursor on the track I want to paste it to, then cmd+left arrow to move the cursor to the marker point so that it pastes in at the right time.

Two things I notice:

1. when I play back the original track and the pasted track together there's an 'out of phase' sound to the audio suggesting they are not perfectly aligned - but I did everything via markers so it should have worked.

2. is there some way to 'snap' audio to existing events (eg markers, other clips' start and end points) ? that would be useful when dragging clips around in the timeline

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

1. when I play back the original track and the pasted track together there's an 'out of phase' sound to the audio suggesting they are not perfectly aligned - but I did everything via markers so it should have worked.
Maybe you should disable "smart editing" (see the "Edit" menu), this could cause small shifts.
2. is there some way to 'snap' audio to existing events (eg markers, other clips' start and end points) ? that would be useful when dragging clips around in the timeline
In version 2.0.8, audio clips should automatically "snap" to markers when you drag them around. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/