Moderator: Martin Hairer

Next

repair centre

Post by Next »

how to repair these distortions?

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Yikes - that's an odd looking wave.
If you absolutely have to use that audio file, you might find it's one of the times that hand drawing the wave might work.
I'm guessing the issue is with those noise spikes at the bottom of the main wave - if you only need to take care of the selected section, then drawing the curve through the nine you have may be the simplest way.
Is this a vocal?

CDJonah_alt

repair centre

Post by CDJonah_alt »

In some cases you can do a pretty good job. Programmatically you can go through the file, find the areas where they are clipped, take a few points either side of the clip and fit a parabola through them. This assumes that the clipping is not too severe -- I have cleaned up the sound using this technique a few times and mostly the sound is much better.

Chuck

On 5/16/12 10:29 AM, Sarah Alawami wrote:
You can't necessarely repaor distortion. If it came from the recording yu did as the mic was too loud not much you can do.

I don't think technology will come up wiht a way to redraw clipped wave forms and take out distortion and make a recording sound normal.

Take care all.
Sarah Alawami, owner and founder of WICS Radio America. Check us out on the web at http://wics.cc and thanks for tuning in.

On May 16, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Next wrote:
how to repair these distortions?

--
Charles D Jonah
Building 200
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
630-252-3471 CDJonah@anl.gov (CDJonah@anl.gov)

Next

Post by Next »

the worst thing is that the interpolation function does not a good job,