Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synch Issues with Camtasia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Synch Issues with Camtasia Reply with quote

Hi -
I'm outputting mp3 files for another user to sync with video created with Camtasia 7 Studio. They are importing my audio, then creating the video.

They just emailed me that the audio appears to be moving out of sync by ~7 seconds when they output. They are currently checking settings on their end (which I'm HOPING is the issue), but I was wondering if there are any known issues or bugaboos any other folks have run across.

I'm using the standard "Save As" mp3 with the basic settings. Is there something I missed and they might not know to ask?

Thanks in advance!

- Jim / JimEdgarVoices.com
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Synch Issues with Camtasia Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there something I missed and they might not know to ask?

Nothing I'd be aware of… Have you tried another format like m4a or something uncompressed?
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin!

There are a few variables in the production chain, but my understanding is that the graphic of the waveform seems to be 6 or 7 seconds offset from the actual sound. I know there was a bug in Camtasia a few years ago that caused this, but they are using the current version.

Anyway, I think it has to do with their end, it seems like a viewer default of something, but I've sent them a couple other versions of the file to see if anything works better. I'll advise here if I get an answer, and appreciate it if anyone else has any ideas.

- Jim / JimEdgarVoices.com
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Synch Issues with Camtasia Reply with quote

Quote:
my understanding is that the graphic of the waveform seems to be 6 or 7 seconds offset from the actual sound

That would definitely be on their end. The Mp3 format is not very well suited for time-sensitive synchronisation, but any possible offset is typically of the order of a tenth of a second or so at most… Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Martin -

Forgot to follow up on this one - the error was definitely on their end. Seems they had a specific machine which turned out to have a video driver/card issue. When I finally convinced them to try it elsewhere, it worked fine.

So - no inherent issue with synching mp3 output from Amadeus Pro to Camtasia.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: