Dragging Songs Directly from iTunes into Amadeus Pro

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Lamante1

Post by Lamante1 »

Dragging Songs Directly from iTunes into Amadeus Pro--

I know this was possible at some point, and it was WONDERFUL for me. It was part of why I ended up using Amadeus Pro so much.

And now, I can no longer drag songs directly from iTunes into AP. Was it due to an update to AP? Was it because of an update to iTunes? Did anyone notice besides me?

I'm really missing this convenient feature, and looking at ways to get it back.

Lou Kash

Re: Dragging Songs Directly from iTunes into Amadeus Pro

Post by Lou Kash »

Lamante1 wrote:Did anyone notice besides me?
I did notice few months ago that it's not possible to open iTunes tracks by dragging the proxy to any dock icons of audio apps. (Not only to AP.)
I don't know what it caused, because it started somewhat suddenly while I was still using iTunes 9 on AP 1.5.5 on Leopard, i.e. there was actually no change on my side of things.
Eventually I've updated to the iTunes 10.5 bloatware few weeks ago (an iPad 2 made it necessary), and that didn't fix it.

The workaround is to hit cmd-shift-R to reveal the iTunes track in Finder and than you can drag the file to AP (or any other app).

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

It should work again in version 2.0.5. Apple keep on changing the way the dragged tracks are represented, so it's a bit of a cat and mouse game for that functionality. Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Lou Kash

Post by Lou Kash »

Martin Hairer wrote:Apple keep on changing the way the dragged tracks are represented
But why did it stop working while actually nothing has changed on my working system? (Leopard 10.5.8, iTunes 9, AP 1.5.5 and several other similar apps like MediaRage, Fission, WaveEditor, etc.) All that I've ever installed on Leopard since quite some time was a bunch of security updates.

Lamante1

Post by Lamante1 »

Lou Kash wrote:
Martin Hairer wrote:Apple keep on changing the way the dragged tracks are represented
But why did it stop working while actually nothing has changed on my working system? (Leopard 10.5.8, iTunes 9, AP 1.5.5 and several other similar apps like MediaRage, Fission, WaveEditor, etc.) All that I've ever installed on Leopard since quite some time was a bunch of security updates.
I'm pretty sure it was either from an update to iTunes, or to AP itself when I lost the drag functionality. Could have been different for you I suppose, but it seems likely that one problem update happened without you being fully conscious of it.

Lamante1

Post by Lamante1 »

Martin Hairer wrote:It should work again in version 2.0.5. Apple keep on changing the way the dragged tracks are represented, so it's a bit of a cat and mouse game for that functionality.
Hi Martin,

I appreciate that you're planning to repair this functionality. However I must admit, it's disappointing I would need to pay for an upgrade to get this feature back.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I appreciate that you're planning to repair this functionality. However I must admit, it's disappointing I would need to pay for an upgrade to get this feature back.
Version 2.0.5 is out already and it is a free upgrade for all version 2.x users.
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Lamante1

Post by Lamante1 »

Martin Hairer wrote:
Version 2.0.5 is out already and it is a free upgrade for all version 2.x users.
Regards,

Martin
I suppose I'm not in that category. I'm using a full version of Amadeus Pro, version 1.5.5. And I feel like a second class citizen.

Regards,
Jake

Ines

Post by Ines »

It is very easy to import a song from iTunes: simply open iTunes and drag the song from iTunes onto the AmadeusPro icon in the dock. This will open the corresponding file and allow you to edit it! Simple.

Lou Kash

Post by Lou Kash »

Ines wrote:Simple.
Sure.
Except for cases where the exact method you're discribing stops working. :P