Wave Arts and complainers

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Philip Howe

Post by Philip Howe »

Martin, well done with Amadeus Pro 2, I'm very sorry to find people here complaining about "the cost" - they clearly haven't much of an idea at all. Amadeus has always been my preferred sound editor, outside of ProTools, very accurate at a fraction of the cost.
We have ProTools LE for our multi-track Music recording and Mixing, it is over the top and top heavy for day to day audio trims and rebalances when working with FCP and Premier, I enjoy the quick neat efficiency of Amadeus Pro and the cost really is so very different.

Now, I have a question: I use Wave Arts plugs with the Apple Audio units in Amadeus Pro. They haven't shown up in the Effects area, I did go back to Wave Arts and check that the version I'm using is 64bit, it's version 554 and it is 64bit, but they still do not show up. What else can I try?
Philip

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Philip,
it's version 554 and it is 64bit
I just downloaded version 554 from their website and the version I got
definitely contains only 32-bit executable code. What makes you think
that it is 64-bit? Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Philip Howe

Post by Philip Howe »

The update history stated that this update was so as to access the 64bit architecture of the Leopard and Snow Leopard OS.
I'll post a question there asking to why the vers. 554 updates are NOT 64bit.
The Blurb for Trackplug 5, which is the one I use most in the Trio states "Tech Specs:
10 bands of professional, 64-bit EQ
EQ band types: parametric, low/high shelf, analog low/high shelf, resonant low/high shelf, low-pass, band-pass, high-pass, or notch filter"
Philip