Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Rate Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todayforever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Sample Rate Question Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I am using Amadeus Pro to transfer some 32Khz long play DATs to computer. Signal path is DAT deck>SPDIF>UA-1EX (set to 32khz)>Amadeus pro on a Mac Book Pro (also set to record at 32khz).

My question is: does Amadeus resample the audio to 48khz at any point like Audacity does? I canít seem to find a definitive answer to this online. I notice that Amadeus will allow me to change settings from 32khz and still capture the audio, which suggests to me that something is resampling on the fly. However, if I ensure that the UA-1EX and my capture software are all set to 32khz, will any resampling take place, or will the signal stay at 32khz from DAT through UA-1EX to Amadeus (i.e. a bit perfect copy)? Why will Amadeus let me change the project rate to 48khz and still record a digital signal with no (audible) distortion?

Apologies for the convoluted nature of the question, hope it makes sense!
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Sample Rate Question Reply with quote

Quote:
My question is: does Amadeus resample the audio to 48khz at any point like Audacity does?

Not if the device and the target file have the same sampling rate.

Quote:
Why will Amadeus let me change the project rate to 48khz and still record a digital signal with no (audible) distortion?

In such a case, it would resample on the fly, since this is the desired behaviour in pretty much every case.
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

todayforever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin - I assumed this was the case.

Thanks also for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: