Amadeus Pro version 1.5.5 saves as .AIF rather than as .aif

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

jeffa

Post by jeffa »

Amadeus Pro version 1.5.5 saves files (File>Save As or Selection>Save Selection As) with the extension .AIF rather than .aif (which is what the previous version used). Is this a bug or is it an intentional change?
....Jeff

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

I don't see this change - every method of saving appended .aif - nor any setting to change this.

jeffa

Post by jeffa »

<I don't see this change - every method of saving appended .aif - nor any setting to change this.>

Then perhaps it is OS specific. I am using OSX 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro. I, too, could find no setting to change it.
....Jeff

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

Exactly the same setup here - 10.6.7, Macbook Pro, and its .aif.

jeffa

Post by jeffa »

I had reverted to version 1.5.4 but, in light of your different experience, I tried 1.5.5 again. It still saved files with an .AIF extension.

I decided to re-download 1.5.5. When I did so, I saw that there is an international version and an English version. It's likely that I previously downloaded the English version so, this time, I downloaded both versions to try.

What I found, unexpectedly, was that both versions saved with a .aif extension!

I took a look at the one I had previously downloaded and which saved files with a .AIF extension and compared it to the two new downloads:

Version 1.5.5 (.AIF) created 11-05-01 10:16 AM
Both new versions 1.5.5 (.aif) created 11-05-01 4:49 PM

So it seems that the problem existed in the version initially available for download but was subsequently corrected later that day. The current download is O.K.
....Jeff

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

So it seems that the problem existed in the version initially available for download but was subsequently corrected later that day. The current download is O.K.
Yes, sorry. I completely forgot to mention it on this thread...
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/