Bug in the way Amadeus Pro interacts with Spaces?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

KurtL

Post by KurtL »

Hi, I just wanted to mention that the program is very good, but the one problem I have with it has to do with the Mac OS X "Spaces" feature. Recall that Spaces allows you to have virtual desktops dedicated to different programs (set up in System Preferences under Spaces and Expose). Amadeus Pro just doesn't seem to play nice with Spaces, and I end up having to set it to appear in every desktop.

An example: sometimes I'll be saving a large file. I see that it is going to take a long time, so I switch to another program in another desktop while waiting for the save to complete. Amadeus will correctly finish the file save, but then yank me back to the desktop where Amadeus Pro was - except, the program that is active in the menu bar is still the other program I switched to, not even Amadeus.

And sometimes it's not so inocuous; a moment ago I got in a situation where I simply could not access Amadeus Pro at all. I switched to the desktop where Amadeus Pro was, but every time I clicked on the stop recording button it failed to register and something whisked me away to a different desktop! I finally had to go into System Preferences and set it to appear in every Spaces virtual desktop screen, and then I could finally stop the recording.

I am using Amadeus Pro version 1.5.4.

Thanks,

Kurt L.
Portland, OR

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear Kurt, I was unable to reproduce this under 10.6. At least when saving a
long file, no unexpected behaviour occurs at the end of the saving operation.
Maybe you are using an earlier version of Mac OS and this is a bug there?
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

KurtL

You're right

Post by KurtL »

Martin, you're right about the OS... I have a Powerbook G4, and thus I'm still running 10.5.8 Leopard. I do use Spaces quite a bit, though, and I have not encountered this issue in any other situations. As I said, though, I do have a work-around; I just make it visible in every virtual desktop. I thought you should know about it, though.

Thanks for looking into it.

Kurt