Auto-update in 10.4.11

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rfwilmut

Auto-update in 10.4.11

Post by rfwilmut »

Using G4 iMac with 10.4.11.

Offered update; downloaded, offered to apply. Clicked to apply: nothing happened.

Downloaded latest version from website and replaced original (which is in the Applications folder). Still every time I open it I get an offer to update it, which doesn't work, and won't go away even after a restart. How do I put a stop to this?

(Copy on Intel iMac with SL updated OK.)

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Auto-update in 10.4.11

Post by Martin Hairer »

Downloaded latest version from website and replaced original (which is in the Applications folder). Still every time I open it I get an offer to update it, which doesn't work, and won't go away even after a restart. How do I put a stop to this?
This is a bug under 10.4. The easiest fix is to trash the prefs file com.HairerSoft.AmadeusPro.plist in Library/Preferences.
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

Thanks.

IrlSmith

Fix 10.4.11 download-install persistent-message bug

Post by IrlSmith »

Under 10.4.11, if you download and install a new version of Amadeus Pro, the message requesting you to do that doesn't go away (nor does the new version install). The fix seems to be (thanks to Martin for pointing out that it's a prefs problem, but deleting the prefs also kills your license info, at least on my machine):
• Download the new version and manually install
• Do the following in Terminal:
defaults delete com.hairersoft.AmadeusPro HSInstallNewApplicationLocation
I have a vague recollection about being told this by Martin, but it seems it wasn't on the forum, so here it is for public consumption.
Irl