Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ioannis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for Reply with quote

1)

Doing a lot of spoken text at the moment, I have to handle the annoying sound of breaths.

Now I let Amadeus play through, stop (spacebar), select the "blob", reduce/silence it etc...

But too often, especially in great zoom, part of this blob hangs just at the beginning or end of the window.

At this point I'm missing a manual / easy / keyboard way to move the waveform forwards/backwards, in order to get the blob inside my view window, in the right zoom.
I know also of the "page-up/down" possibility, very handy but not in my case; maybe implementing a "half-page" move would fit better?

(I'm using a wacom pen/tablet (with kind of "mouse"-wheel too). This wheel now does the zooming. Is there a command for just moving right/left? )

2)

Didn't totally manage the command "merge with track" (under "sound" menu) yet; it can't get set under a keyboard shortcut, maybe because it changes (merge with next/previous track).
Today, with only 2 tracks it works, but don't have time to experiment at this moment...
Any advice to achieve this? Maybe program all 3 states of this particular command would work???

3)
an undo-list, for quick navigation to previous versions/states?

Thanks for any input
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for Reply with quote

Quote:
(I'm using a wacom pen/tablet (with kind of "mouse"-wheel too). This wheel now does the zooming. Is there a command for just moving right/left? )

Scrolling right / left with a mouse scrollwheel works (or using two finger
with a trackpad), so you should be able to program your tablet to do that.

Quote:
Any way to achieve this? Maybe program all 3 states of this particular command would work???

Possibly. Have you tried? Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

ioannis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for Reply with quote

Martin Hairer wrote:
Scrolling right / left with a mouse scrollwheel works (or using two finger with a trackpad), so you should be able to program your tablet to do that.

Yes, it worked, through the tablet preferences (under system prefs). Thanks!

Quote:
Any way to achieve this? Maybe program all 3 states of this particular command would work???

[quote="Martin Hairer"]Possibly. Have you tried?

Well, yes
I've programmed ctr-m (merge), ctr-shf-m (previous), ctr-opt-m (next) but...

Amadeus seems to have a preference for "Merge With Next Track" everywhere, except when the last track is selected

In case of only 2 tracks it doesn't work (ctr-m); instead it creates a mark... (without any programming). Marks are created any time the command is not relevant, (trying to merge a previous track when only a next one exists) disregarding if any help-keys are programmed or not... Only the letter-m does it...

Then I tried to program the same, using another letter, instead of [m]; the result teaches that Amadeus likes to choose *one* command of the three. Which one depends on what is selected [merge with next / or merge with previous if you've selected the last track]. It seems that "merge with track" doesn't really live...

But even so, the shortcuts worked (mostly/only?) when I *looked* which text was there on the "Sound" menu, otherwise the last used did it when relevant... Strange behavior! Very HappyD

Now at least I know what works, but it could come handy if all three commands where working OK.
[/b]
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: keyboard shortcuts I miss/wish for Reply with quote

Quote:
But even so, the shortcuts worked (mostly/only?) when I *looked* which text was there on the "Sound" menu, otherwise the last used did it when relevant... Strange behavior! Very HappyD

Yes, that actually makes sense, given that the menu decides what to display only
when you actually open it. I might add a shortcut for that in the future... Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: