Export multitrack to individual files?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

misnoma

Post by misnoma »

is there a quick way to save all the channels of a multitrack recording to individual files?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

is there a quick way to save all the channels of a multitrack recording to individual files?
Not at the moment; you will have to drag them into separate documents.
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Josalo Films

Mutitrack I/O

Post by Josalo Films »

I, too, would appreciate such a feature.

As a video editor, I find myself round-tripping between Final Cut Pro and Amadeus Pro, and as my projects grow more complex, the need for some kind of discrete track I/O becomes more significant.

Is OMF support a possibility? Or allowing multitrack Quicktime export? The format can certainly handle it.

Saving out the tracks as individual AIFFs or WAVs would be a great batch feature even without portable multitrack.

I can certainly do the track dragging for the time being, but I hope this area gets some attention in the future. Thanks for your fantastic software.
"I didn't know you had antennae."

Josalo Films

Dragging tracks

Post by Josalo Films »

On reflection, the dragging of tracks has another failing: some tracks begin at different times than others. Dragging them will remove whatever delay exists for that track and the new document will start where the track did, not where the originating multitrack document did.

Creating an empty track and mixing the 2 prior to dragging will create the appropriate silence at the head to achieve the positioning desired, but this once again adds multiple steps before the tracks can be exported in a way which allows the mix to be reassembled elsewhere.

One of the advantages of working in Amadeus vs a video editor is the ability to adjust the sync between tracks at increments smaller than a frame (1/30 or 1/24 of a second). Preserving this is a key goal in round-tripping the mix.
"I didn't know you had antennae."