Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nominal sample rate magically changing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voicecoop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: nominal sample rate magically changing Reply with quote

I'm having trouble setting an input sample rate. Whenever I try to alter the nominal sample rate on the input from 44.1 by setting it for 48 or 96 - it returns to 44.1 in 3 seconds. And if you punch save and close the window before three seconds, then reopen it, it's back to 44.1. Also when I try and reset the input to 24 bits, it seems stable but when you save and close the window and reopen it - it's back on 16 bit.

I'm running OS 10.5.8 using the built in Intel Hi-Def Audio running on the optical digital out. I can record and playback on 16 bit 44.1 but no other input. I can play 24/96 files just fine, so the output is not a problem.

I'm trying to set up to a new Apogee Rosetta 200 and have tried both matching settings manually and setting the Apogee output to external. I'll open a new sound file with 24/96, set the Apogee to external and it immediately syncs up to 24/96 - BUT - if you examine the nominal sample rate window, it's STILL set on 44.1. The resulting recording is of course, unintelligible.

I thought from reading some other strings that Final Cut might be locking the audio to 44.1 but I have the same problem with Final Cut running or not. In fact, I shut down everything except Amadeus and had the same problem.

By the way, I love this program. I thought after ProTools I would never love digital audio again. I've used your program to record and edit literally hundreds of commercials in my little vo studio and a bit of hobby music as well. Now if I can just figure out this little input glitch and start feeding in 24/96...Any ideas?
voicecoop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: addendum Reply with quote

It also doesn't matter if the Rosetta is on or off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: