Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copy and paste separate block of sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Copy and paste separate block of sound Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to edit clip sounds as blocks (like in Pro Tools or Garageband).

In fact, each time I cut a block of sound, it stick to the previous one as I paste it (magnet effect). I would like to have them separated to place them wherever I want on the track. As for now, I need to create some silence between each block. It is not very convenient.

There might be a solution I am not aware of.

Thanks for your reply
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Copy and paste separate block of sound Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to edit clip sounds as blocks (like in Pro Tools or Garageband).

In fact, each time I cut a block of sound, it stick to the previous one as I paste it (magnet effect). I would like to have them separated to place them wherever I want on the track. As for now, I need to create some silence between each block. It is not very convenient.

There might be a solution I am not aware of.

Thanks for your reply

Hi Bruno

Have you tried "Edit> Paste to New Track"?
The clip gets its own track and can be positioned anywhere in the timeline.

regards

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

IEDP gecertificeerd
Bruno

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, your solution is OK for 2 or 3 clips. You are then managing 2 or 3 different tracks.

But, if I want to edit a radio report, it is not very convenient as I have already a music track, a sound effects track, an ambiance sound track and an interview track.

So, within a single track, I would like to have the possibilty to cut my interview (for example) in small blocks and have them not attached to each other. I 'd like to position the blocks wherever I want as separate pieces.

Is there a way to do so ?
CDJonah_alt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Copy and paste separate block of sound Reply with quote

Probably not, but you might be able to put all clips in a particular
track and flatten them.

Bruno wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your answer.

In fact, your solution is OK for 2 or 3 clips. You are then managing 2 or 3 different tracks.

But, if I want to edit a radio report, it is not very convenient as I have already a music track, a sound effects track, an ambiance sound track and an interview track.

So, within a single track, I would like to have the possibilty to cut my interview (for example) in small blocks and have them not attached to each other. I 'd like to position the blocks wherever I want as separate pieces.

Is there a way to do so ?

--
Charles D Jonah
Building 200
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
630-252-3471 CDJonah@anl.gov

dinojrx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruno,

I've the same problem - also when working on radio reports. Mostly I get about 20 and more single tracks in one file. But at the moment, there's for gods sake no other way to do it. Sometimes I work I in steps: I finish the first parts and then merge them. Or I build for example the voice-track and arrange the effects and the music in later steps.

Regards Jan
Bruno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you all for your replies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: