Copy and paste separate block of sound

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to edit clip sounds as blocks (like in Pro Tools or Garageband).

In fact, each time I cut a block of sound, it stick to the previous one as I paste it (magnet effect). I would like to have them separated to place them wherever I want on the track. As for now, I need to create some silence between each block. It is not very convenient.

There might be a solution I am not aware of.

Thanks for your reply

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to edit clip sounds as blocks (like in Pro Tools or Garageband).

In fact, each time I cut a block of sound, it stick to the previous one as I paste it (magnet effect). I would like to have them separated to place them wherever I want on the track. As for now, I need to create some silence between each block. It is not very convenient.

There might be a solution I am not aware of.

Thanks for your reply
Hi Bruno

Have you tried "Edit> Paste to New Track"?
The clip gets its own track and can be positioned anywhere in the timeline.

regards

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

IEDP gecertificeerd

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, your solution is OK for 2 or 3 clips. You are then managing 2 or 3 different tracks.

But, if I want to edit a radio report, it is not very convenient as I have already a music track, a sound effects track, an ambiance sound track and an interview track.

So, within a single track, I would like to have the possibilty to cut my interview (for example) in small blocks and have them not attached to each other. I 'd like to position the blocks wherever I want as separate pieces.

Is there a way to do so ?

CDJonah_alt

Post by CDJonah_alt »

Probably not, but you might be able to put all clips in a particular
track and flatten them.

Bruno wrote:
Thanks for your answer.

In fact, your solution is OK for 2 or 3 clips. You are then managing 2 or 3 different tracks.

But, if I want to edit a radio report, it is not very convenient as I have already a music track, a sound effects track, an ambiance sound track and an interview track.

So, within a single track, I would like to have the possibilty to cut my interview (for example) in small blocks and have them not attached to each other. I 'd like to position the blocks wherever I want as separate pieces.

Is there a way to do so ?

Charles D Jonah
Building 200
Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
630-252-3471 CDJonah@anl.gov

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Hi Bruno,

I've the same problem - also when working on radio reports. Mostly I get about 20 and more single tracks in one file. But at the moment, there's for gods sake no other way to do it. Sometimes I work I in steps: I finish the first parts and then merge them. Or I build for example the voice-track and arrange the effects and the music in later steps.

Regards Jan

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Thanks you all for your replies