Request: Split According to Markers sets metadata

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rowen

Post by rowen »

My main use for Amadeus Pro is to process a long recording (e.g. from a field recorder or my tape deck), process the sound and split it into mp3 or aac files to be played in iTunes. Amadeus is great for the processing, but simply maddening for splitting into files. I carefully insert markers and name them with the desired track names. Amadeus then splits them and names the resulting files after the marker names (good) but it simply copies the mp3 metadata into the files. Thus the title is not set (or is set to something bogus) and the track # is not set so iTunes can get the files out of order.

It would be really, really helpful if Amadeus could set the name and track N of M metadata based on the maker name and position. It would turn a nightmare process into a simple pleasure.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

It would be really, really helpful if Amadeus could set the name and track N of M metadata based on the maker name and position. It would turn a nightmare process into a simple pleasure.
As of version 1.4.4, there is a hidden preference that allows to do precisely this. See the "HSNameTracks" preference on page 32 of the manual. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

gsbe

Post by gsbe »

I'd like to see more marker-specific data that could be used as metadata during the export. Here are 4 suggestions:

1) The "split according to markers" uses the marker name as the filename. I'd like to see "Track Number", "Track Title" and "Artist Name" fields in the marker box that would also apply to the exported MP3. These marker info fields auto-generate the track name (tracknumber-tracktitle_artistname.wav or whatever). I'd also like an option to replace spaces with underscores in the filename.

2) Right now, the metadata for the entire track is only applied in the selected id3 version. I'd like to see both ID3 v2 and ID3 v1 supported.

3) I'd like to see the following fields added to the metadata box:
* Composer
* Orig. Artist
* Copyright
* URL
* Encoded by

4) FTP upload upon completion of batch export