Clicks in live recordings

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Noiseboy

Post by Noiseboy »

Hi all.
I've been using Amadeus for over a year now and I use it to record into from my live sound console at shows.
I was using an M Audio USB interface with my Powerbook G4 and do so as a backup to the cd burners I also record to. I found that there was a lot of clicks in the Amadeus recordings that were not there on the cd's. I recently bought a new MacBook pro with a dual core 3.06 GHz processor and a bucket load of RAM and also bought a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 interface and upgraded to Amadeus Pro but the heavy dose of clicks is still there. I was recording at 44.1 and 16 bit so I can burn to cd quickly if I need to but the quality is unacceptable even though they are only reference cds.
Is this a known problem with a workaround? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but would like to hear from anyone who knows what this is about.
Cheers.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, no this isn't a known problem. Do you have any error messages being logged to the console when you are recording? (Applications/Utilities/Console.app) Also, have you made sure that TimeMachine is turned off? (TM sometimes just blocks the whole filesystem activity, thus interrupting recordings.)
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Noiseboy

Post by Noiseboy »

Hi Martin, thanks for the quick reply.
I've never looked at the console log while recording, I've got my hands full mixing the show, but I've just had a look now and there is a bunch of stuff relating to the Audio Kontrol on the day that I got the new computer and used the Migration Assistant to move everything from the old PowerBook to the new MBP. If it's relevant it would certainly explain why it's the same on the new computer as the old one.
Can I send the log to you for your perusal?

Regards,
Glynn.

Noiseboy

Post by Noiseboy »

Hi Martin.

If I completely uninstall both Amadeus 11 and Amadeus Pro and then reinstall Pro will my License be automatically recognized, I don't know where the license key resides.