Working with multiple files - split to same markers

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

towerofbabel

Post by towerofbabel »

Having just moved to mac, i am looking for a good audio editor. My requirements are driven by sample library development. Things like batch processing with AU, and ability to perform various actions on long multiple files simultaneously are important.

I can see that Amadeus has the batch processing capabilities I require - but so far, simultaneous editing of multiple files, pre-batch processing, is not clear to me.

For instance, if I have a (long) file open, and then add another file (or more) - new files go to new panes; i then have to manually copy them to the pane of the first file - is there a way to automatically add new files in a "multitrack view"?

Then, when I have 2+ files in multitrack view, I need to split at marker points, with marker points being the same across all files. That seems to work fine, but then when I "split according to markers" Amadeus only seems to export the first audio file, not the additional ones I have added to the multitrack view. Is there a way to split 2+ long files at once, so the split files go to individual folders, or have some naming system that makes the source identifiable?

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.
Last edited by towerofbabel on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

towerofbabel

Post by towerofbabel »

anyone can help?

thanks.

Rob D.

Post by Rob D. »

"towerofbabel" asked:
"...when I have 2+ files in multitrack view, I need to split at marker points, with marker points being the same across all files. That seems to work fine, but then when I "split according to markers" Amadeus only seems to export the first audio file, not the additional ones I have added to the multitrack view. Is there a way to split 2+ long files at once, so the split files go to individual folders, or have some naming system that makes the source identifiable?...anyone can help? thanks

Help! X 2. How can one cut across multiple tracks at once so the segments are matched?

AP is fantastic for recording long duration multiple tracks but then seems to become very crippled when excerpting from them. I hope I'm missing something too,..

Also very useful would be Selection-> Save to Multiple Files.

Have folks found any tricks/workarounds? Thanks. Rob D.

Rob D.

Post by Rob D. »

Hi--
Here's one method which I found elsewhere in the Forum:

Turn on, Sync Selection,
Mark selection on first Track
Set Markers with (COMMAND+SHIFT+M)
Select (click-on) Next Track.
Create a short selection anywhere between the two markers.
Use Command Arrow L to extend selection to Left marker
Use Command Arrow R to extend selection to Right marker

"Simultaneously editing multiple tracks"
http://www.hairersoft.com/forum/viewtop ... ple+tracks

Rob D.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Help! X 2. How can one cut across multiple tracks at once so the
segments are matched?
There's also option-delete to delete from all tracks simultaneously.
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/