Amadeus Pro 101

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

tttt4

Amadeus Pro 101

Post by tttt4 »

I'm trying to bring tunes into Amadeus from my cassette tape deck with no results. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The tape deck is plugged into the input audio port of my G5 Powermac (os 10.5.6) from the phones port on the tape deck. Should I have an amplifier hooked up with the tape deck? And would I be able to monitor the tunes from my computer speakers as Amadeus is recording? Thanks for your guidance. :?:

Gerard Bik

Amadeus Pro 101

Post by Gerard Bik »

I'm trying to bring tunes into Amadeus from my cassette tape deck with no results. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The tape deck is plugged into the input audio port of my G5 Powermac (os 10.5.6) from the phones port on the tape deck. Should I have an amplifier hooked up with the tape deck? And would I be able to monitor the tunes from my computer speakers as Amadeus is recording? Thanks for your guidance. [Question]
The line output of the tape deck should be better suited. Does it have a line out?
The fastest way to pinpoint problems like this, is to check each part independently.
Can you record from other sources?

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

tttt4

Re: Amadeus Pro 101

Post by tttt4 »

GerardBik wrote:
I'm trying to bring tunes into Amadeus from my cassette tape deck with no results. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The tape deck is plugged into the input audio port of my G5 Powermac (os 10.5.6) from the phones port on the tape deck. Should I have an amplifier hooked up with the tape deck? And would I be able to monitor the tunes from my computer speakers as Amadeus is recording? Thanks for your guidance. [Question]
The line output of the tape deck should be better suited. Does it have a line out?
The fastest way to pinpoint problems like this, is to check each part independently.
Can you record from other sources?

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

I have with success recorded music cd's into the itunes program. This is my first attempt at recording from analog sources. I did connect my head phones into the tape decks out port to see if that might be a problem but it was not. Do you think I might need to purchase a device that converts analog audio to digital?

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

Your G5 has built-in AD converters (audio Analog to Digital).
The Mac's audio port expects a "line" level signal. Your tape deck should have a "line" audio output. Connect these two with a suitable cable.
Headphone outputs have different specifications.

The recording dialog of APro has a "Playthrough" checkbox to direct the input to the speakers.

When you are new to audio recording I suggest you look around the internet for a beginners course. There are plenty.
And read the AmadeusPro documentation.

succes
gerard

tttt4

Post by tttt4 »

GerardBik wrote:Your G5 has built-in AD converters (audio Analog to Digital).
The Mac's audio port expects a "line" level signal. Your tape deck should have a "line" audio output. Connect these two with a suitable cable.
Headphone outputs have different specifications.

The recording dialog of APro has a "Playthrough" checkbox to direct the input to the speakers.

When you are new to audio recording I suggest you look around the internet for a beginners course. There are plenty.
And read the AmadeusPro documentation.

succes
gerard
I didn't get to the Amadeus Manual yet, but I did scan the mac manual and discovered I had the audio cable connected to the audio output instead of the input port at the rear of the mac, duh.

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

LOL :lol:
This discovery marks the beginning of your career into professional audio editing.

keep going in this direction :arrow: