iPod classic bitrate limit

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

broz

iPod classic bitrate limit

Post by broz »

I'm using Amadeus Pro 2.3.3 on a MacBook Pro running Leopard 10.5.5. I use it to record vinyl, mostly. I want to bring my music to iPod classic, and I've done that thru a CD burn. I'd like to avoid that step, and just go straight to iTunes, and sync with the iPod.
Every thing I try, fails. I "Split according to markers..." and pick just about any of the formats and bit rates. Just about any of those move to iTunes just fine. when I try to sync with my iPod Classic, iTunes complains that the iPod doesn't support that bit rate (320k/bps). What? It does so. It says so in the specs.
http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/specs.html
says "AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, WAV, and AIFF"
I try splitting the tracks with AAC with that bit rate. No go. It puts up an alert saying that the bitrate is not supported on this iPod. Wav. No go. AIFF. No go. Apple Lossless (can't set rate). No go.
If I rip from a CD, it all just works.
Rather that conclude that the iPod is defective, I think my brain is missing something.
Can anyone tell me, so I can tell my brain, what key point it's missing?
Thanks

broz

that's Amadeus Pro 1.3.3

Post by broz »

can't type tonight...

broz

Solved

Post by broz »

I was foolishly confusing bitrate with sample rate. My sample rate for recording was 96,000 hz. That's too high for the iPod.
Is there someplace in AP to set that? I know you can set it for each recording, but there could be a place to set it by default.