Hiss added by Amadeus in saving file.

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

sukayser

Hiss added by Amadeus in saving file.

Post by sukayser »

Hello:

I've been putting recorded books in CD format into iTunes as MP3 files, so I can listen on my iPod. I often find glitches in the resulting iTunes files: the track will not play to the end. It may be relevant that the Join Files command in iTunes is used for most of the iTunes tracks; the glitch point may come where two CD tracks have been joined, but I'm not sure about this. (I've just posted a reply about the glitch for another topic about this if you want details about the glitch.) Dragging the bad track to the desktop and opening it in Amadeus Pro shows no problem at the glitch point. Making no changes, I then save the file again, and replace the original file from iTunes with the freshly saved one. And the glitch has disappeared! But there's a new problem: the new file has a bad hiss, added by Amadeus Pro.

Why am I getting the hiss, and what can I do to avoid it? I am running iTunes 8.0.2, Mac OS 10.5.5, Amadeus Pro 1.3.1. The MP3 files are at 32 kbps (that's good enough for a recorded book). I have a couple of files showing this change that I could send to someone willing to check it out; they are about 4 MB each. [Since the problem comes in the saving of the file, I can't just select a small portion of each file and save it for my sample--that would distort the distortion.]

Hoping to find help,
Susan K