Autosplit at silence

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

ukozok

Autosplit at silence

Post by ukozok »

I have to record thousand of sentences and would need a tool that automatically splits the files at silent intervals and saves them as it would take ages to stop recording after each sentence and manually saving them. I don't think Amadeus can do that. Any idea of a handy tool? Audio Hijack Pro has such a silence monitor that automatically splits files at -60db and 2 seconds, or whatever you specify, but it only works with files that are recorded through the program itself.

regards,

Uli

Gerard Bik

Autosplit at silence

Post by Gerard Bik »

I have to record thousand of sentences and would need a tool that automatically splits the files at silent intervals and saves them as it would take ages to stop recording after each sentence and manually saving them. I don't think Amadeus can do that. Any idea of a handy tool? Audio Hijack Pro has such a silence monitor that automatically splits files at -60db and 2 seconds, or whatever you specify, but it only works with files that are recorded through the program itself.

regards,

Uli
Amadeus Pro can do this.

Selection> Generate Markers.
Specify the level and length of the silence.
Name the Markers if you like.
Split according to Markers

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

ukozok

Autosplit at silence

Post by ukozok »

Oh, that's great news. Thank you so much for pointing this out to me.
Hartelijk bedankt!

Uli