Where has the "Filter" gone in AP?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Planeten Paultje

Where has the "Filter" gone in AP?

Post by Planeten Paultje »

In Amadeus II there is the "Filter" function where one can graphically create a filter and execute it on a sound. Rather brilliant methinks and very useful for a small production I've been asked to do.

I have searched in Amadeus Pro for it, but it seems the graphical Filter has gone completely. Is this correct? Or is it just well hidden? If it was scrapped, can it be revived? Alternatives?

Gerard Bik

Where hat the "Filter" gone in AP?

Post by Gerard Bik »

In Amadeus II there is the "Filter" function where one can graphically create a filter and execute it on a sound. Rather brilliant methinks and very useful for a small production I've been asked to do.

I have searched in Amadeus Pro for it, but it seems the graphical Filter has gone completely. Is this correct? Or is it just well hidden? If it was scrapped, can it be revived? Alternatives?
The graphical interface of the Filter was nice but it seems to be gone. In its place we have lots of graphic equalizers. Apple's AUgraphicEQ has 31 bands.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

Planeten Paultje

Re: Where hat the "Filter" gone in AP?

Post by Planeten Paultje »

> In its place we have lots of graphic equalizers.
> Apple's AUgraphicEQ has 31 bands.

Yes, I saw those but they come nowhere near what I need (in physics education). The equalisers look very cluttered and they are just crude approximations of graphs.
The graph filter was plain and clear in its presentation; didactically unbeatable. I'll have to hold on to Amadeus II then, until someone makes a plugin for AP that functions like the old filter.

Bit of a bummer....

davidghawkins

Re: Where hat the "Filter" gone in AP?

Post by davidghawkins »

Planeten Paultje wrote:> In its place we have lots of graphic equalizers.
> Apple's AUgraphicEQ has 31 bands.

...I'll have to hold on to Amadeus II then, until someone makes a plugin for AP that functions like the old filter.
Me too! That's a deal breaker. I need the filter's I've made in A II. :cry: