Gain Doesn't Work when Using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

mbdrums

Gain Doesn't Work when Using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen

Post by mbdrums »

Greetings Friends!

I just purchased a FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2 3rd Gen.
Everything worked fine, when I first opened up Amadeus Pro (AP) and did a Test, the AP Recording Window appeared
on the Desktop, with the Stereo Meters displaying the Volume Input and I was able to adjust the knobs on the 2i2, with the
adjustments responding the same in the AP Recording Window. I didn't save the Test recording and clicked off the file.

HOWEVER ... when I opened a New Sound Document in AP, to do a real Take, (immediately after trying the Test recording) and the New Recording Window in AP appeared on the Desktop, the GAIN sliders would NOT work and were suddenly disabled, but it was registering an extremely LOW Volume. The only thing I was able to do, was adjust the knobs on the 2i2, but I had to turn them WAY UP, in order for it to register a higher Volume in AP.

Why would the Recording GAIN sliders, suddenly stop working???
I was recording a Marching Snare Drum track and the first Test recording was initially registering really HIGH Volumes on the
AP Recording Window Meter, when the GAIN Sliders were working. With the Focusrite 2i2 unplugged, the Recording GAIN Sliders work fine
on other recordings.

I'm planning on attempting another Focusrite recording, later today, with the exact same Marching Snare set up, but I was hoping to find a resolution to this initial issue before I do the recording before it happens again.

MANY THANKS in advance!

~ Mark
Official Voting Member - The GRAMMYs
Professor of Music/Percussion - Drexel University
President - National Association of Rudimental Drummers (N.A.R.D)