Can someone explain this error message?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

mjzee

Post by mjzee »

I made a compilation of some songs, and am trying to burn it to CD. I've done this many times in the past without a problem. Tonight, I am getting the following error message: "An exception was raised. -[DRBurnSetupPanel windowDying]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f994f66f9f0" Can anyone explain this to me? I'm on an iMac running macOS Catalina version 10.15.1. My iMac is a 27-inch, late 2013, with a 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor. Thanks.

philxm

Post by philxm »

I asked this same question here about two weeks ago. The fact that I didn't get a reply suggests there is no known resolution for the bug at this time.
On Nov 8, 2019, at 12:16 AM, mjzee <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:
I made a compilation of some songs, and am trying to burn it to CD. I've done this many times in the past without a problem. Tonight, I am getting the following error message: "An exception was raised. -[DRBurnSetupPanel windowDying]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f994f66f9f0" Can anyone explain this to me? I'm on an iMac running macOS Catalina version 10.15.1. My iMac is a 27-inch, late 2013, with a 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor. Thanks.

mjzee

Post by mjzee »

FYI, today I upgraded Amadeus Pro to version 2.6.2. The problem still exists after upgrading.

Sequences/EMMA

Post by Sequences/EMMA »

It seems the problem is Mac's OS Catalina. Amadeus Pro works fine in High Sierra. Catalina has been a pain for everyone, loads of problems with different software.
Sequences Electronic music Podcasts

mjzee

Post by mjzee »

Interestingly, I was able to burn my disc using Toast 17 Titanium. I saved the file I created in Amadeus in .aiff format. I then opened Toast and used that to burn the disc. The problem is that it burned it as one long file, rather than as 18 separate tracks; in other words, it couldn't read Amadeus's markers.

mjzee

Post by mjzee »

Has there been any progress towards correcting this problem?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Dear all, this appears to be a bug in Catalina that has been fixed by Apple in version 10.15.2.
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

mjzee

Post by mjzee »

Great news! I shall check this out.

mjzee

Post by mjzee »

I can confirm that the bug has been fixed. I was able to successfully burn a disc from Amadeus.