Exception errors on OS Catalina

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

multiverse

Post by multiverse »

I just loaded the new Mac OS, Catalina, and it indicated that it was compatible with Amadeus. Recored some sound files, but can't burn to CD; I get a series of exception errors:

An exception was raised[DRBurnSetupPanel windowDying]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fcc98da3f30

Any ideas, don't want to spend $ on a separate piece of software to burn CDs.

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

Over the past few weeks, there have been all kinds of warnings from Audio manufacturers to not implement the update to Catalina. 

Here's a good article as to why:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production-expert-1/2019/9/18/macos-catalina-compatibility-why-it-might-take-pro-audio-and-music-software-developers-some-time-to-be-compatible-with-macos-1015

Martin may have solved the CD write issue, but if you have a cloned backup, it might be worth rolling back to that... 

There is seldom any benefit for being an early adopter for major MacOS updates. And if you use your computer to generate income, it's in your interest to let others test first.

My general plan is to wait until X.X.3 before even considering. At that point, the major bugs will have been ironed out and they've worked their way down to our little corner of the computer world.

- Jim
Jim Edgar

VO: JimEdgarVoices.com | @jimedgarvoices | Source-Connect - jimedgarvoices

For audio/studio help: JustAskJimVO.studio | Schedule a session

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM multiverse <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I just loaded the new Mac OS, Catalina, and it indicated that it was compatible with Amadeus. Recored some sound files, but can't burn to CD; I get a series of exception errors:

An exception was raised[DRBurnSetupPanel windowDying]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fcc98da3f30

Any ideas, don't want to spend $ on a separate piece of software to burn CDs.