32 bit or 64 bit mode?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

trevreav

32 bit or 64 bit mode?

Post by trevreav »

Hi all, I've just purchased a plug-in or two from Klevgrand and they only work in 64 bit mode, the general conclusion (due to Klevgrand getting in touch with Martin, the Amadeus developer) is that at some point in the past, I must have changed to 32 bit mode and they don't work.

So with this in mind, on my Mac I've deleted Amadeus (and all of the associated files using Appzapper which weeds out all of the hidden bits and deletes them also), downloaded the latest Amadeus, reinstalled, re-registered using my previous programme key - and still the same.

The Mac used to give you the option in the 'Get Info' box to change how to run a programme from 32-64 bit (and vice-versa), but not any more.

For your info I'm using an iMac running OS Mojave 10.14.16, the latest.

Many thanks in advance, once again!
Many thanks
TrevReav

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

32 bit or 64 bit mode?

Post by Martin Hairer »

Try the following (this is untested but safe):

1. Rename your "Amadeus Pro" app to "Amadeus Pro Original" and make sure that it is located in the Applications folder, not a subfolder.

2. open the Terminal and copy / paste the following line into it

ditto --arch x86_64 /Applications/Amadeus\ Pro\ Original.app /Applications/Amadeus\ Pro.app

(Also hit the return key.)

3. Launch the newly created Amadeus Pro app. It should be 64 bit, but will show up as unregistered.

4. Quit and delete "Amadeus Pro" and rename "Amadeus Pro Original" back to "Amadeus Pro"

5. Try launching Amadeus Pro again, hopefully it now launches in 64 bit mode.

Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

trevreav

Post by trevreav »

Hi Martin, thanks for that, all worked fine apart from one thing:

When I launched 'Amadeus Pro Original' (the renamed app), the Klevgrand plug-ins were there and useable.

When I renamed the app back to 'Amadeus Pro' everything reverted to the previous state and they became unusable.

Reverting back to the 'Amadeus Pro Original' naming convention made them useable again, so for now I have your app with the 'Original' suffix, and not sure if this will cause any problems in the future.
Many thanks
TrevReav