Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Export to iTunes library woes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogyfdg8o7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Export to iTunes library woes Reply with quote

Long time user here.

A recent update seems to have introduced a bug w/r/t iTunes library export. I've experienced two things:

1. Track numbers entered inside Amadeus ended up in iTunes showing, apparently, as (trackNum * 256), so track 1 was 256, track 3 was 768, and so on.

2. Today I tried again, with a file that had metadata entered in Amadeus, and none of it transferred. Instead, it came into iTunes as "File-584646696544-0", and nothing else as far as metadata.
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Export to iTunes library woes Reply with quote

Hi, which file format are you using? Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
ogyfdg8o7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the workflow is:

1. record to FLAC (not that it matters, but these are recordings from vinyl records)
2. edit waveform in Amadeus Pro
3. add some track info
4. export to iTunes with settings as 256k AAC
CP Heaton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Export to iTunes library woes Reply with quote

For me that ends up as one long track. Is that the goal here? If so, of what use is the track info? Thx, CP

Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, at 2:38 PM, ogyfdg8o7 <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

the workflow is:

1. record to FLAC (not that it matters, but these are recordings from vinyl records)
2. edit waveform in Amadeus Pro
3. add some track info
4. export to iTunes with settings as 256k AAC

ogyfdg8o7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could stop the recording at only one song, or you could record the whole thing and copy/paste pieces out of it into new files, or you could record the whole thing and set breakpoints that you can use to break the file apart or set up a cue track.

Once it's in something like Amadeus, you can manipulate it any way you want.

In my case, these are old, out of print records...there's no other way to have that music.
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Export to iTunes library woes Reply with quote

Hi, I believe that the version now at

http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip

fixes this. For the record: the bug was only triggered when the track number was entered as a single number. When entering track numbers in the preferred format "number / total", for example 2/10, the current version already behaves correctly. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: