mps files in batch process

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Sorry if this is a silly question folks (I was born before computers were invented so I'm not very tech minded).

When converting a large number of mixed files to mp3s, if there are a few that are already in mp3 format, do they get re-processed and possibly loose more of their quality, or does the process just skip them?

TIA, Dave.

Sarah Alawami

Post by Sarah Alawami »

It all depends on yoru settings of the batch file you put together. If they are set to skip mp3s that already exit, it will do so.
Sarah Alawami

On 29 Jun 2019, at 18:47, DaveF wrote:

Sorry if this is a silly question folks (I was born before computers were invented so I'm not very tech minded).
When converting a large number of mixed files to mp3s, if there are a few that are already in mp3 format, do they get re-processed and possibly loose more of their quality, or does the process just skip them?
TIA, Dave.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Thanks for your reply Sarah. I looked for a setting to do just that but couldn't find one. Where on the batch file window will I find it?

Cheers, Dave.

Sarah Alawami

Post by Sarah Alawami »

I actually can't remember. I kind of don't use amadeus anymore, but somewhare in that batch file window thre is a thing that talks about not replacing etc etc etc. It's in one of the tabs.
Good luck.
Sarah Alawami

On 29 Jun 2019, at 22:27, DaveF wrote:

Thanks for your reply Sarah. I looked for a setting to do just that but couldn't find one. Where on the batch file window will I find it?
Cheers, Dave.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seems to me it could only be in the 'Resulting Format' pull down menu.

That has a list of all the various formats you can change files to, and at the top it has 'Same as Original'. But that one leaves ALL the files as original.

It doesn't offer a way of changing the ones that aren't mp3 but leaving the ones that are mp3 as is.

Dave.

Sarah Alawami

Post by Sarah Alawami »

I could have swarn ther was a way not to overwrite. I ue so many programs for my work I can't really remember what does what anymore. Lol! Or I might be getting old at 63. Lol! Anyway I do hope you find he answer. I would check the manual if you still have access to it, maybe the answer will be in there as well?
Take care
Sarah Alawami

On 30 Jun 2019, at 17:37, DaveF wrote:

Seems to me it could only be in the 'Resulting Format' pull down menu.
That has a list of all the various formats you can change files to, and at the top it has 'Same as Original'. But that one leaves ALL the files as original.
It doesn't offer a way of changing the ones that aren't mp3 but leaving the ones that are mp3 as is.
Dave.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Thanks Sarah, no I don't have the manual here, but that's okay, I'm finding that there aren't that many mp3s in these long lists of songs, so I'm just moving them out while I do the batch routine

Dave.

Sarah Alawami

Post by Sarah Alawami »

Hey, good luck. And be blessed. And have fun with the batch conversion.
Sarah Alawami

On 30 Jun 2019, at 20:59, DaveF wrote:

Thanks Sarah, no I don't have the manual here, but that's okay, I'm finding that there aren't that many mp3s in these long lists of songs, so I'm just moving them out while I do the batch routine
Dave.

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Hmm.. I've finally learned something after rereading the manual yet again.

I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the 'Filter files' facility; now I realize that, while it doesn't allow for changing all the files except mp3s, it does allow changing only specific types of files. It's better than nothing I guess :-)

Dave