having trouble saving .m4a files

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Raymond Foret Jr

Post by Raymond Foret Jr »

Never had trouble with this before: but, with the latest version of Amadeus Pro under Lcapitan, I cannot seem to save .m4a files. Every time I try, it appears to go threw the saving process only to return me to the screen showing the file. So, I try to close the file and save it according to the save dialog which pops up. Again, it looks like it’s saving fine but usually, it just returns to the window of the file. This happens when I join separate files together and save directly as .m4a. Is this what was meant by “better handling of m4a�? I hope not because it sure seems like a step backwards to me.
Sent from the first computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:Sincerely,The constantly barefooted Ray

Headpooch

Post by Headpooch »

I'm having the same problems, but am saving as Quicktime .mov files. Nothing is be saved although it appears to be saving the modified video file.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I'm having the same problems, but am saving as Quicktime .mov files. Nothing is be saved although it appears to be saving the modified video file.
I am not sure I understand. Could you please detail which steps I should follow to reproduce this problem? Thanks a lot,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Raymond Foret Jr

Post by Raymond Foret Jr »

Here is exactly what I myself did.
1. Combine many files in to a single file by using the “Join files� item.

2. Attempt to save as .m4a at 256KBPS and watch the progress bar move to 100%. Now, attempt to close the file. IF you notice a dialog screen which asks “Do you want to save the file “�Untitled.wav��… This will let you know that the file has not saved. This despite every indication by the progress screen that actual saving is really happening. Also, after the attempt at saving, open the folder to which you supposedly saved the file. IF you see it there, the save took; but if not, it did not. I have reverted back to version 2.4.6 as it appears to be the more stable version for this old Mac book Pro.

Sent from the first computer with built-in screen reader access for the blind:Sincerely,The constantly barefooted Ray
On Jun 12, 2019, at 10:07 AM, Martin Hairer <martin@hairersoft.com (martin@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I am not sure I understand. Could you please detail which steps I should follow to reproduce this problem? Thanks a lot,Martin--HairerSofthttp://www.hairersoft.com/

Headpooch

Post by Headpooch »

Here is what I am trying to do: Open a .mov file, Normalize the audio, then SAVE AS a new .mov file. Amadeus appears to be saving the new movie file, but after it is finished, there is no file saved.

The previous version had no problem doing this, but v2.6 seems to have broken it.

Would like to download the previous version, but can't find it on your website.

Help!

brineflaker

Post by brineflaker »

I'm having the same problem as Raymond. In the new version 2.6, I can't save files to m4a format. Sounds like enough people are experiencing this that there must be something going wrong.