Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

v2.5.3 (2090) getting "not optimized" warning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas_m

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: v2.5.3 (2090) getting "not optimized" warning Reply with quote

Occasionally when I launch my version (which i believe to be the latest) -- 2.5.3, build 2090 -- I get a warning that it will not be supported in the next version of macOS. This seems odd, since it is a 64-bit app (and no, I'm not opening it in "low resolution" mode).

I'm posting mainly to be sure Martin is aware of this (as he undoubtedly already is). I'm not on a new machine (I have a 2012 MBP, but which is running Mojave latest non-beta version), so I wonder if others have run across this.
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: v2.5.3 (2090) getting "not optimized" warning Reply with quote

Yes, I am aware of this. The reason for the message is that the helper tool allowing to read
QuickTime files is still running in 32-bit mode (because it uses the old QuickTime API which
doesn't exist in 64-bit). I am in the process of porting this over to the modern API that works
in 64-bit. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: